Foresight Health® Narcolepsy
Our Foresight Health® single test for Narcolepsy is ideal for breeders and owners who want the reassurance of genetic health testing.
Our DNA test results are accepted by the Kennel Club.
The guideline turnaround time for single tests is approximately 10-12 working days after the swab arrives at the lab.
If you need more than two tests it is often more cost-effective to order the relevant Foresight Health® breed package.
Narcolepsy (NARC) causes an inability to stay awake, often showing within the first six months of life. Affected dogs will seem more tired but will not show any other health problems or progression of the problem.
An autosomal recessive condition caused by a mutation in the HCRTR2 gene.
This test is also included in the following Foresight Health® breed packages:
- Cockerdor (Labrador Type)
- Dobermann (Dobermann Type)
- Labrador Supplemental (Labrador Type)
- Miniature Long Haired Dachshund (Dachshund Type)
- Miniature Short Haired Dachshund (Dachshund Type)
- Miniature Wire Haired Dachshund (Dachshund Type)